Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Pulled Pork Salad with Elote - Create a Salad


I just love Fancy Salads - and from the food trends that I see around - I think the rest of you do too.

It might sound a bit strange - but making a salad is a great way to use up leftovers and make them interesting again.

I made this shredded pork from a pork loin roast and we ate it in tacos. I cooked the corn as a vegetable side dish for the tacos. It is always a favorite at our house, but I try to cook two roasts when I do it.


Ingredients: 
2 cups store-bought salsa 
2 tablespoons chili powder 
2 tablespoons dried oregano 
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
 kosher salt 
1 2 1/2-pound boneless pork butt or shoulder, trimmed of excess fat

Directions
In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the salsa, chili powder, oregano, cocoa, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the pork and turn to coat.
Cook, covered, until the meat is tender and pulls apart easily, on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.

(( Or you can make your own favorite Shredded Pork ))  I do like to make it a little more Latin and less BBQ

The recipe of Elote is Here  or you can make Corn and Peppers from Here


Any other toppings that were leftover from tacos we tossed on - Olives, Green Onions, Queso Fresca,

Salads are a great way use up leftovers that there might not be enough of to feed a whole family for dinner by themselves or to mix up something that you are a bit tired of eating.