Friday, October 30, 2015

Apple Cinnamon Fruit Leather



With so much Apple Sauce (puree) at our house right now, I am having the best time using it to make things. I kind of need to as well, I froze quite a bit, but there wasn't a ton of room in the freezer, so I have several jars in the fridge taking up room. 

I decided to take another swing at the Fruit Leather recipe that I made with peaches in Sept member. 



Because the Puree was already made, I just spread it thin on a silicone lined baking sheet. You could also line the pan with parchment paper like I did with the Peach Fruit Leather. 

** If / when you can afford it, I HIGHLY recommend getting one of these silicone baking sheets. They are life changing. 



Spread the puree as evenly and as thinly as you can.  It takes some skills which I am really still working on, but it's just spreading - we can all do it with some practice. 


Because the apple puree had no sugar or any spices added - I went ahead and sprinkled some cinnamon on the top of it before I put it in the oven. I didn't add any sugar, I really thought it was sweet enough and also that the concentrate on the fruit leather would really make it sweet enough to be really enjoyable. 

Turn your oven on to the lowest setting - for me that is 170. 

Put your pan in the oven and plan to start checking around 3 hours. 

Your fruit leather is done when it has lost its shine. Then you'll want to let it sit for 30 minutes or so before you cut it / rip it into strips / eat it.  This will give time for the fruit sugars to "set".