Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Quick and Easy Thai Chicken Pizza


Believe it or not, this pizza came together in less than 20 minutes and that includes cooking time. 

I am sure there are a lot of Thai Chicken Pizza recipes out there that involve a lot of work on the dough and complicated peanut sauces, but this recipe is not one of them. I made it for lunch twice last week and it made my whole day better, taking those few minutes to make some special and delicious for myself for lunch. 


We had pizza night on Sunday night and I made a huge batch of dough. I had some that I was to tired and everyone was too full to cook into pizzas and so I decided to try and bake it and freeze it for make later pizza crusts. 

If you want my No Fail Pizza Crust Recipe - You can find it Here. (and There..) 

Just follow the recipe for my pizza crust and bake it plain, but only for 1/2 of the time. Then let it cool and then put in a freezer bag and pop it into the freezer.  I had enough dough to make 2, so I put them both in the same bag together. 

When I was ready to bake them, I got them out of the freezer first thing and let them defrost on my counter top while I prepared my sauce and pizza toppings. It worked perfectly. I am going to plan on always doing this on pizza night. I can think of so many ways to make a quick pizza. 


Ingredients:

Crust:
One of my Pre-Baked No Fail Pizza Crusts.

Sauce:
½ cup hoisin sauce
½ cup peanut butter
2 inches fresh ginger

approx. 2 Tbsp sriracha hot sauce (optional)

Toppings:
1 can chicken breast
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 small red onion
1 bunch fresh cilantro

Optional Toppings: 
sliced red bell pepper
bean sprouts - I used these
julienne carrots - and these


Instructions:

While you are waiting for your crust to come to room temperature, begin your sauce.

Prepare the peanut sauce. Combine the hoisin sauce, peanut butter, and ½ tsp of sriracha sauce in a bowl. Peel the ginger and grate it straight into the bowl. Add about ⅓ cup of hot water and whisk until smooth. Set aside.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Chop the chicken into small pieces and transfer to a bowl. Add enough sauce to coat the chicken. Thinly slice the red onion.

Spread the peanut sauce over each piece of pizza crust. Top with shredded cheese, a handful of the chicken, your veggies of choice, and red onion.

Place the pizzas on a perforated pizza pan, pizza stone or directly on the oven rack and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly (about 10 minutes). 

When the pizzas come out of the oven, top with fresh cilantro leaves and enjoy!