Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Easy Bean Enchiladas


Up until I made this recipe, Enchiladas were a special occasion food for my family. I almost always made chicken ones and they were really a lot of work.  I had to cook the chicken before, make the filling and then roll all the enchiladas and once that happened, I still had to bake the whole thing. My family loves them, but I would make pans of them for holidays and birthdays and that was about it. 


But I realized once when we were out to dinner at a little mom and pop Mexican food place that we go to in town that all my family orders are cheese enchiladas with beans and rice.  (And They Love IT!) So I needed a quick dinner last week and I decided to make enchiladas. I had picked up a package of corn tortillas for a really great price and the rest is history. 


I forgot however that I had used every single can of enchilada sauce in my house on Christmas day to make enchiladas and so I had to make my own. 

It turned out So Great, that I had made it again and sworn to myself that never again will I buy a can of enchilada sauce. (it really is That good - and not hard to make at all).  I will post the recipe for you on Friday.  But for now, here are the easiest enchiladas in the world.