Friday, February 16, 2018

Homemade Enchilada Sauce


Perhaps someday I will stop being surprised when making things at home makes them 1000 times more delicious.   Maybe not, I don't know. 

In my life before Food $ense, I bought everything pre-made. *And then I usually hated it. The white sauce in this frozen pasta dinner was too bland, this meal had too many soggy frozen red peppers, this one was made from just gross chicken parts and not meat - I am guessing you know the drill. 

But once I was brave enough to start cooking for myself and my family and experimenting with things that I knew we liked - I loved the things I was making. Because I was making things I knew we loved. We might eat tacos too many times a week or in too many different ways for another family, but for us, we just can't get enough. 

That's the great beauty of cooking for yourself and your family. You get things exactly how you like them. Exactly! And who doesn't love that.