Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Tamale Pie



Yup, It's the Homemade Enchilada sauce making another appearance! 


This recipe makes 1 casserole, but I felt that the amounts of ingredients were a bit odd, so I doubled the recipe and made one for the freezer and one for dinner.  Most likely, at my house, the ingredients that were left in the fridge would have gone bad. 

I didn't double the required amount of ground beef though, and I added green peppers as an added veggie. 


I also added a can of black beans - which made it even more perfect. Go Ahead and experiment with the recipe. Make it your own! 

Create!! 


Here is my baked cornbread crust, you can see in the back, I used a rectangle glass dish to make my second casserole. 


Added corn, green peppers, and black beans. Lots of yummy goodness.