Thursday, September 10, 2015

Dipping Pancakes


Sometimes all you need to re-invent a tired old food is a change of presentation. 

I saw these on the frozen breakfast food aisle (do NOT shop there) and I thought, "Ah-HA, I can do that!" 

Turns out, I totally can.  In fact, I am lots lots better at making little pancakes that I am at the big ones (they're hard to flip)


We use our own Pancake Mix  It is half whole grain flour and all hunger fighting power!

A super duper brain food for breakfast and make it to lunch without your belly growling (too loudly)




Ingredients

Dry pancake mix ingredients:
4 cups all-purpose flour  ( this is where you can get creative with your ratios. - you can even add Buckwheat flour or Spelt flour and have amazing but just a bit different pancakes - Buckwheat ones are the Bomb!!)
3 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar


To Make Pancakes
1 cup pancake mix above
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon melted butter or oil



To cook them, use a TB measuring spoon to pour them onto the griddle, 

These bowls are my little food prep bowls and the kids were pretty stoked about each getting their own. 

Happy Dipping!   

Also - These freeze Amazing!! and then reheat at about 30 seconds in the microwave - I can grab 3-4 for the toddler, the bigger boys grab more - Zip, Zoom Done!!! Bellies Full!!