Friday, April 22, 2016

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes


I don't want to toot my own horn, but I am going to - and it is my blog, so I get to do it here! 

Toot! Toot!! 



I am a pancake making genius! - 

I always use my Homemade Pancake Mix  (I have strong feelings about this, you should use it too)



To make these, you melt a bit of butter in the microwave, I used 1/4 cup and then about an equal amount of that of sugar and cinnamon.  (like the filling that you make for a cinnamon roll)


Pour your pancake batter into the pan, and let it start to get "set". You don't want it all the way set on top, but you don't want your gooey goodness sinking to the bottom just sinking in a little way. 


I get all official and pour it in a swirl - so it looks like a cinnamon roll. - it makes it authentic!



this is how they turn out all delicious on the cinnamon / sugar side. The other side looks just like a regular pancake. 



My kids were eating them as fast as they were coming off the griddle. So some got eaten just like this. 


But once I got a few under my belt, I decided to "frost" them.  I mixed a little bit of powdered sugar with some milk, just until it came together as a glaze. and really just a little little bit. 



Then I drizzled just a little bit of the icing across the cinnamon roll pancake. They tasted amazing!