Saturday, August 20, 2016

Raspberry Honey Butter


Because I live a skip from a restaurant that is pretty famous for serving raspberry honey butter, my kids are hooked on the stuff - that means, if we have raspberries, we are making honey butter. 


Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened (not melted)
1/2 cup raspberries that have been smashed with a fork
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

(I made mine using my hand mixer. You could also use a KitchenAid mixer or another large / stand mixer.  If you don’t have any of those, you can just use your own arm power and beat it by hand, but I will warn you- your arm will be tired!)

Add butter to large bowl and beat until soft and creamy. 

While the mixer is still mixing the butter, add in the mashed raspberries, honey, and vanilla. 

Beat until all mixed together and creamy (like the consistency of a soft butter); about 8 minutes.

Serve over warm bread or toast.
Store leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container.